Old April 19th 12, 02:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC[_2_]

Default rain

On 2012-04-18, Zebee Johnstone (aka Bruce)
World is full of fair weather bikers... powered and unpowered.
The motorcycle parking I pass on my way to the bicycle cage at work had maybe
1/3 or less of the motorcycles usually there, and the bicycle cage was
even emptier. A good day will have 30 or so bicycles, yesterday there
were 6.

I'm a fair weather cyclist and an unfair weather motorcyclist.

I'm about 35 mins from work in the morning and 45 mins back, and don't
want to get the chain mucky (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).
So ride the moto when the forecast is gloomy. Since I don't want to
get taken out on the expensive bike by a mum doing the school run, I
ride the cheaper one. This is kinda silly, because I really should
use the bike with ABS brakes. And because there's more traffic on the
road on yucky days, it takes me far longer to get in than on the
pushy, but because I'm not exerting myself, I don't have to worry
about not wearing rain protection, then freezing (that's my main
reason, apart from not having to clean the chain on the moto. Start
off frozen, get sweaty, and finish frozen again. Yuck).

--
TimC
All theoretical chemistry is really physics; and all theoretical