Old October 12th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default Nice people these cycllists

On 12.10.2017 08:39, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 5:21:29 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

I carry the chisel for one reason, in case I'm attacked by thugs riding
bicycles on the footpath.
Tell us why a cyclist should hide a knife on his bicycle.

Because cycling on a public footpath is not illegal and he may need to defend himself against sad lonely old men carrying chisels?

Sure.
If this one encounters MR Pounder while riding on the footpath he would
no doubt stop or veer to the side to avoid the pedestrian.
Now he is a sitting duck for MR Pounder to pull out his sharpened
battleaxe dripping with his bile, snot and slime and venom and take a
good murderous swipe.