Old November 2nd 12, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Partac[_10_]

Default two in five collisions involve a bicycle

"Luke Moore" wrote in message

Mrcheerful wrote:

Pc Mark Pilling, from Abingdon's Road Policing Department, said: "We are
being kept busy. We tend to find once the clocks go back people don't
immediately light their bike up, so this is more than anything a reminder
people. Forty per cent of all collisions in Oxford involved a pedal
cyclist."

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/you...y_operat ion/

It says in that link that those cyclist stopped without lights could
either pay the £30 fine or "dispute the fine in a magistrates' court
or buy cycle lights within seven days of the notice being issued."

Seeing as how you can buy a set of cycling lights for under £6
(delivered) from Amazon, it's very tempting to go to Oxford and cycle
without lights just to be offered such a good deal from the police.

Why not just do the sensible thing and buy the bloody lights in the first
place?