Old September 16th 18, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default SRAM eTap Blips - Question

On 9/15/2018 7:36 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 15:30:23 -0700 (PDT), ixiz
wrote:

I would like to know if the Sram blips - is just a momentary push button switch or is there additional electronics in it ?

If its just a momentary SPST switch - is the connector something i can but off the shelf like digikey or alike

Thanks in advance

The connector is obscure but quite standard. It's called an:
EIAJ-01 plug
which is 2.35mm OD, 0.70mm ID.
The rubber part seems to be (not sure) 5.0mm OD and about 11.5mm long.

Likely substitutes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coaxial_power_connector
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EIAJ_connector
available as:

Philmore 48-410
https://www.google.com/search?q=Philmore+48-410

Lundberg 1636 01
https://www.google.com/search?q=Lumberg+1636+01

Kobiconn 3218-EX
https://www.google.com/search?q=Kobiconn+3218-EX

However, I'm not sure about the dimension of the rubber part of the
connector, and have no idea if any of these connectors will fit
without modification.

FWIW, I had to fabricate a plug for an oddball 12V DC connector for an
old piece of equipment. After cobbling together the metal contacts, I
used Sugru to mold a rubberish plug that held the contacts in the right
position. It's worked well.

--
- Frank Krygowski