Old April 24th 04, 10:17 PM
onewheeldave

Default Uncomfortable seats

thinuniking wrote:
*airseats are cool but you need a good seat to make a good one eg the
miyata *

I agree that you don't want to be messing around trying to work with
many of the cheaper seats with glued on covers that are common today.

But i've found the old style seats of the butterfingers/boggle type,
which have a cover held on just by the seat bolts are good for making a
good simple airseat.
Simply remove the cover, rip out all the foam, get a 20" inner tube,
shape it with cellotape, drill a valve hole in the back part of the seat
plate, then replace the cover.

Inflate very lightly (it's surprising how little air is needed- a hard
airseat is as uncomfortable as a foam one).

I use these on both my muni and 29-er and have done many, many miles on
both.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874