Old April 25th 04, 12:31 AM
johnfoss

Default Uncomfortable seats

busnutmedic wrote:
*It's the older one with the whitewall tires.*

Not sure when they stopped using whitewall tires on the Schwinns, but if
it's got cottered cranks, it's real old. Time wears out the foam on the
older Schwinn seats, and they crumble away to dust. Your cheapest route
would be to replace the foam insert, which you can do for Schwinn or
Semcycle Deluxe seats (same basic seat) at Unicycle.com

The Kris Holm seat fits the same post and will be much more
comfortable.

When riding the idea is to keep your weight on the seat, not on your
legs, so that isn't the answer. As you get more advanced, you can put
more weight on your hands, on the seat handle or accessory handlebar,
but that's another story.

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
"jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
www.unicycling.com

"Hey, could I have some of that spinach? I need to get this pork rind
taste out of my mouth." -- Ryan Atkins to Kris Holm, on the way back
from Moab after sampling some of my pork rinds. They grossed out the
whole van!