Old September 29th 19, 04:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Goofing off

I forgot all about writing a post this week.

It was sprinkling when I left the house this morning, and by the time
I got to the bridge, I'd decided to come straight back from the
fairgrounds market, but it cleared up before I left the first market,
and when I left the second farmers' market, it was so sunny that I
also stopped at the grocery. Probably could have stopped at the
library without getting rained on, but I didn't even glance in that
direction.

I did go to the grocery by way of Clark street, instead of putting in
the extra distance to use Arthur. The boardwalk is slippery after a
rain anyway. We had a storm in the night, and the mountain-bike
trails are closed.

I used to wait until I got to Lincoln School to zig over to Clark, but
they painted a "please right-hook me" lane on Fort Wayne, which makes
it mentally strenous to ride there, because one can't count on car
drivers to be unconfused. Also, there is less traffic on Clark, and
the pavement is brand new at least half the way.

There were two food trucks in the park, left over from this morning's
charity ride, but I had frozen bread balls in my pannier, and I wasn't
sure the trucks would still be there after I'd put away my groceries.
Pity; I've been wanting to try Tacos Jalisco for years.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net