Old July 26th 09, 06:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Yuz Man

Default Avocet Cross Tires No Longer Available

Too bad.

Is there a comparable tire you can recommend. I do what you'd call 'trail
riding'. No off-road downhilling or anything like that. Mostly trails of
packed dirt / gravel / asphalt - rail trail type riding. I like the non
aggressive tread for its low rolling friction, but I do like to have some
tread there as 'insurance' for the odd spot of loose dirt or gravel which I
encounter.

I also like the Keval belt. Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but I've had
about 1 flat that I can recall in the past 15 years with these tires. So if
the Kevalr doesn't help, well it certainly doesn't hurt!

Do you have any suggestions for a comparable substitute?

Thanks!

Yuz Man

"Don Lesco" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 8:26 am, "Janet O'Leary"
wrote:
"Yuz Man" wrote in message

I've ridden on the same set of Avocet Cross tires for over fifteen
years.
That's the most compelling reason for me to want to replace these in
kind.
But I can't find these available anywhere. Are these available?

Thanks!

Yuz Man

Look on the Harris Bicycle site.. Sheldon Brown..

From the Harris Bicycle web site:
"Note: Avocet tires are all gone!
The factory in Korea, where the Avocet tires were made, has closed. We
have no information on the future of Avocet tires at this time. Please
do not call or email us about availability. "