Old May 18th 09, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Any "insulated" bottles that actually work?

In article ,
"Mike Jacoubowsky" writes:
Just curious if anyone's come across an insulated water bottle that
actually keeps your drink cold for more than 1/2 hour or so.

I have a double-walled stainless steel Thermos[tm] bottle
that's intended only for cold beverages, and it's jim-dandy.

http://tinyurl.com/pyj4z5

(full URL
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...45524442625594

(preview, if you don't trust the above URLs
http://preview.tinyurl.com/pyj4z5

But --

I've never tried to see if it fits in a standard
bottle cage. I doubt that it would fit, as the
bottle's shape is tapered from bottom to top.
So I mainly use it at work (marine shipping
containers get pretty hot in the summer, when
the sun shines on 'em.)

Maybe one of those cheap ol' bendable wire cages
could be adapted to accommodate it. Or, if the
bottom of the bottle does at least fit into a
nice bottle cage, maybe the upper front of the
cage could be padded with a number of turns of
friction tape or sumpthin', to make up for the
tapered shape of the bottle.

cheers,
Tom

--