Old July 23rd 03, 12:46 AM

Default Sports nutrition books?

Preston Crawford wrote:
I'm looking for a good book on sports nutrition. Convinced that I wasn't
getting enough protein and just coming out of a fog of pretty accute anxiety
I decided recently to start eating meat again. Just fish and egg whites. I
feel a lot better, especially physically. I'd like to figure out, though,
having basically winged while I lost the weight and then got stuck in my
anxiety rut for a year or so, how much protein I need generally as an
athlete. Does anyone know of a good book that addresses this? I know some
books about cycling or running address it in chapters, but I'm talking about
a book dedicated to nutrition for the active person.

"Nutritional needs of athletes" by Brouns, F. (Fred)

I liked this one a fair amount. But then it's not a cookbook/recipe/diet
book. This talks quite a bit about the biological nature of performance
and energy. i.e ATP cycle, trace nutrients, hydration, etc. I think it's
a good tool for building your own diet. I think it would be rotten if
you wanted a pre-prepared diet.

I liked it, but I wouldn't recommend you run out and buy it. See if your
local library has a copy.

--
Dane Jackson - z u v e m b i @ u n i x b i g o t s . o r g
The covers of this book are too far apart.