Old July 10th 03, 06:03 AM
Jeff

Default surfboard bike rack

I've checked at shops in huntington and newport with no luck. Unfortunately
I think you're right that it seems that everyone is supposed to drive. :-(

I'll see if I can find phone number for surf shops in Capitola.
Thanks.

"Leonard Migliore" wrote in message
In article ink.net,
Jeff wrote:

I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle.

The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.
Recently when I was in Hawaii I saw several of these racks on bikes and
scooter but I have not been able to locate one in socal. Any body have

any
information?
Thanks.

Jeff

It's not southern California, but lot of folks have them in Capitola
near Santa Cruz. Probably get them at the local surf shops on 41st
avenue. I would venture a wild guess that you could find them in
Huntington Beach, but maybe you're only supposed to drive in LA.