Old July 28th 03, 06:11 AM
Chris Neary

Default From NYTimes about the Tour/ Lance Broken Frame?

I guess Lance can throw away a bike after every crash, but if
the OCLV can fail so easily then I think those of us who have to purchase
our own equipment would be very wary of them.

Two points:

1) There are a *lot* of OCLV bikes on the road, and stories of frame
failures are rare (I personally crashed mine in a paceline going nearly 30
MPH with nothing more than paint damage).

2) If is likely a frame failure such as that described could be repaired for
a fraction of the cost of a new frame.

FWIW,

Chris Neary

"Science, freedom, beauty, adventu what more could
you ask of life? Bicycling combined all the elements I
loved" - Adapted from a quotation by Charles Lindbergh