Old July 28th 03, 04:18 PM
archer

Default Mountain Bike

In article ,
says...
I have a relatively inexpensive Mountain Bike I bought several years ago for
pleasure riding.
Question is, could a cheap mountain bike handle real mountains and tough
terrain? The last thing I want to do is be stuck carrying my bike home when
I'm far from it.

How cheap is cheap? I doubt you'll find much difference in reliability
between an $800 to $1000 and a $3000 bike, though you will probably see a
difference between either of those price ranges and a $300 bike.

David Kerber
An optimist says "Good morning, Lord." While a pessimist says "Good
Lord, it's morning".