Old July 29th 03, 04:16 AM
Robin Hubert

Default cramps

"Michael" wrote in message
om...
I've recently started getting cramps toward the end of my 9 mile
commute home, on hot days (at least 90*) when I'm really working hard.
I've been doing this commute for 8 years and have never had cramps
before, even when the weather's hotter and I've been working at least
as hard.

These are abdominal cramps, not muscle (leg) cramps - on the front
right right side of my body, or on the right side of my body, at about
belly-button level, about 25 minutes into the ride.

What do cramps indicate - too little water? too little salt? too
little potassium? too little titanium on my bike?

I'm going to guess that you haven't excersized much in a while and that
you're getting pain from the diaghram and/or accessory muscles of breathing
including but not limited to internal and external obliques and intercostal
mm's. Keep at it.

--
Robin Hubert