Old July 29th 03, 04:02 AM
FrankH.3

Default cramps

Michael wrote:
I've recently started getting cramps toward the end of my 9 mile commute
home, on hot days (at least 90*) when I'm really working hard. I've been
doing this commute for 8 years and have never had cramps before, even
when the weather's hotter and I've been working at least as hard.
These are abdominal cramps, not muscle (leg) cramps - on the front right
right side of my body, or on the right side of my body, at about
belly-button level, about 25 minutes into the ride.
What do cramps indicate - too little water? too little salt? too little
potassium? too little titanium on my bike?
TIA, Michael

Michael

I had the same problem and a friend suggested using a product called
Cvtomax. It is a powder that you mix with water and is high in potassium
and sodium (if you have a history of high blood pressure don't touch
this stuff). It is available at Performance Bicycle on the Internet and
also at GNC health food stores. It comes in a lemon-lime or fruit punch
flavors. Don't over hydrate yourself before you ride. You should use
about one bottle for every hour you ride and don't wait until you are
thirsty. Take a drink about every 5-10 minutes while riding.