Old July 29th 03, 06:18 PM
Jim Spencer

Default What GPS to use?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:49:31 -0400, Jim Sherman
wrote:

Most any of the hand held GPS units should work for you. They all
will record your current track giving you location, time and some also
record elevation. I have an older Garmin Model(GPSIII) that I use on
my bike. It will record up to 1900 points and I can set the interval
that these points are taken based on any time or distance. Normally I
use .05 miles(95miles total) but you could use a smaller interval.
When I get back the track can be downloaded to the computer to be used
with any mapping program. Even if your GPS doesn't record elevation
some of those programs that have topographic maps will calculate total
climb and generate an elevation profile for you.

Also, except for cadence, a GPS will do everything your bike computer
will do and a whole lot more.