Old July 29th 03, 07:02 PM
Rick Onanian

Default What GPS to use?

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:18:13 GMT, Jim Spencer wrote:
Also, except for cadence, a GPS will do everything your bike computer
will do and a whole lot more.

I find that the readings from my bike computer are more accurate
and useful than those from the GPS, and easier to reset without
losing important data; but the GPS in combination with the bike
comp (which has cadence, I wouldn't do without it!), makes a
great team.

Now, integrate them, add a heart rate monitor, and let me write
scripts for it (maybe run Linux on it) and I'd be in heaven.

Power to the data! Data to the people!

Seriously speaking, though, that makes me think of this question
I have:
Is there a heart-rate monitor that takes constant readings without
requiring a chest band? Why haven't I seen any that read it from
the wrist? Aside from chest bands, I've only seen the ones that
read it from your fingertip, which is only useful when you've
stopped.

I've got enough things chafing and sweaty, I don't need to add a
damn chestband.

--
Rick Onanian