Old July 30th 03, 10:08 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Road tire reccomendation, please

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 20:21:51 GMT, B a r r y B u r k e J r .
wrote:
Do you happen to store the bike next to a furnace, well pump, or other
electric motor? Some motors can produce a lot of ozone, that can
damage tires, and other plastic and rubber items.

There are any number of possible ozone sources near where I
store the bike, and I don't doubt that they're exacerbating
the sidewall deterioration.

However, when I looked them up on roadbikereview.com, I found
that others had the same experience, right down to the cuts in
the tread. After posting, I examined the rear wheel more closely,
and found many cuts, though only a couple that make the belt
visible. The front wheel has cuts too!

I'm sure that my long, 1.5" stone driveway doesn't help either.

Barry

--
Rick Onanian