Old August 4th 03, 07:23 PM
Art Harris

Default How to install shifter cable on Ultegra brake/shift lever?

"Kevin" wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I tried looking at how the cable was seated using
basically the first three steps you mentioned. My cable snapped off inside
the lever assembly and its laying flush. Although I could see the cable
laying inside the unit I could never see the end of it, where the end of the
cable would seat. I may have to try rotating the inside part so I can see
where the cable seats?

The little "barrel" on the end of the cable seats in a hole on the
right (outboard) side of the lever. You can only see this when the
brake lever is squeezed. It's directly opposite the spot on the left
where the housing connects to the lever.

If you tilt the bike over to the right, gravity might cause the broken
cable end to fall out or at least protrude enough that you could grab
it with needle nose pliers. Be very careful not to get pieces of the
broken cable jammed inside the lever assembly.

Art Harris