Old August 5th 03, 01:25 AM
D.Putnam

Default Help me, Please --- I can not change these dang tires!

I have (or had, since I threw them away in disgust) a pair of cheap Alex
rims. I had to use screwdrivers to pry the tire onto the rim....obviously
it's diameter was just a tad too big. I thought all bike wheels would be
that way until I changed a tube on some Velocities, I didn't even need tire
tools for that one.

"Joe Potter" wrote in message
m...
Steve McDonald wrote:

Are you sure you're not mixing 27-inch tires and 700mm rims?

Steve McDonald

My very old 1980's (?) Nishiki road bike has 27" tires and they are very
easy to change.

My 1999 Cannondale H500 hybrid has 700c "street tires" that are also very
easy to work with.

I never have a flat with either one.

My Fuji 1991 road bike came with 700c racing rims and racing tires by
Michelin. They are 700x23c Axial Carbon High density. Damn pretty things
they are. I did get them on the thing a couple of times, but the rim tape
got all fouled up and I only got to do 3 or 4 blocks before a flat. I have
yet to complete one ride. I am just a flat making machine!

One of the tires ( I got 6 when I bought it) is a 700x25c that I can get

on
and off a tad better than the 700x23c. I guess I'll throw all these pretty
racing tires away and get something I can work with, unless someone has an
idea on how normal folks can use these tires.

Oh, to answer your question --- the bike is 700c all right.

--
Regards, Joe