Old August 5th 03, 02:26 AM
BudMan

Default Help me, Please --- I can not change these dang tires!

Is there a chance you have 27" rims and 700c tires? I remember my old
Raleigh race bikes having 27" rims. It wasn't until I got my team issue
professional that 700c tires were standard. I'm not sure but the 27" rims
are a bit bigger than 700c. The ISO designation for 27" rims is 630mm, its
622 for a 700c.
"Joe Potter" wrote in message
m...
Hello All,

After the latest bike theft, I got a nice hybrid and a couple of old bikes
to "play with".

One of the old bikes came from e-bay and was just US $41. It is a Fuji
Roubaix GPX from about 1991. The guy told me there were wheelset issues

and
I have greased up the barings front and back.

BUT --- he sent damn racing tires, 3 sets of the stuff. Fancy colors and
700c x 23cm and I can not get the things on and off the rim without taking
a whole day. I broke one of my wheel tools !!

I hate to not use these real fancy "Wolber racing" rims, but I need to be
able to change a tire without using up all my vacation to do it.

Why is it so hard???

What should I do?

--
Regards, Joe