Old July 11th 03, 09:53 PM
Tom Keener

Default surfboard bike rack

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 17:51:55 GMT, "Jeff"
wrote:

I'm looking for a side mount rack to carry my surfboard on my bicycle. The
particular rack that I want attaches to the rear rack of the bicycle and
does not clamp to the frame.

OK, you've said it several times, so it must be important. Why should
it not attach to the frame? Attaching it to the frame would give it
more stability and strength. There are plenty of quick-release
mechanisms around if you just want to be able to take it on or off
quickly. The only reason I can see is if you have some special
whoop-de-doo paint job, and then you could easily find a soft buffer
to protect the paint. So, how come?

Tom Keener
email me if you want my email address