Old July 18th 03, 08:40 PM
Doug Huffman

Default Water bottle you don't have to tip up

The taste is due to the quality of the plastic and its care. The bottle is
called a 'wash bottle' and is common in laboratories.

"Dan Musicant" wrote in message
I actually found one of these, like the ones goalies use in the NHL.
It's a quart plastic bottle and I'd be happy enough with it except that
the water tastes like plastic. I did a little looking (REI and
Sportmart), but they didn't have anything like it. These have a tube
that you drink from that goes down to the bottom of the bottle. So, when
you squeeze the bottle, it forces water up from the bottom of the bottle
through the tube, so you don't have to tip the bottle to drink from it.
There's a vent at the top. I'd think these would be readily available
but haven't seen them except the one I found in the street - probably
because the previous owner didn't like the taste either.