Old July 20th 03, 09:29 PM
Charlie C.

Default "wanna race?"

(Luigi de Guzman) wrote in
om:

As our heroes suffer out on the Tour--allez Tyler!--it seems that the
racing mood has swept far and wide, even as far as Southwark...

Got on bekah to go to the bank today and had just turned up Tabard
Street. A little girl, maybe 11, on a bike sees me coming the other
way, rides up alongside me and says "wanna race?"

"sure," i say. "On three. One....two...three!"

She wins.

She also probably made my day.

Once I had a couple of kids on BMX(?) bikes riding in the same direction
that I was going. As I caught up with them one of them started accelerating
clearly wanting to race. I pulled up even with him and stayed there for a
while and then raced ahead dropping him. When he caught up I told him he
got up to 20 MPH to which his eyes got really big and he replied "Really?
Thanks!"

Charlie in Houston