Old October 13th 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Driver threatened to 'run cyclist over' in terrifying road rageassault caught on camera

On 13/10/2017 11:43, Rob Morley wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:03:51 GMT
(Christie) wrote:

Just the potential speed that you could more consistently maintain on
some electric bikes, I suppose - Bod has mentioned 30 mph. Although,
of course, just because you can that doesn't mean you have to do so.

That would be illegal in the UK anyway - an electrically assisted pedal
cycle has a top assisted speed of 15mph, above which the motor should
cut out. Bod says his motor is 500W - that's also not permitted for
use on a road or public place in the UK, the maximum allowed is 250W.
Otherwise the pedal cycle becomes a motorcycle and requires individual
vehicle approval, registration, vehicle excise duty, liability
insurance, motorcycle licence and a helmet.

My Ebike has a switch for road legal and off road speeds.
The bike is manufactured in the UK.

--
Bod