Old May 21st 19, 11:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default High ratio climbing gears

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 9:00:59 AM UTC+2, Chalo wrote:
It has taken me decades of doing bike service, commercially and as a hobby, to become completely convinced that Campagnolo shifting gear is crippled junk. They've been playing catch-up with Shimano since SIS appeared, but they haven't caught up yet.

You can use a Wolf Tooth RoadLink as a prosthesis to make Campy junk slightly less crippled. I put one on my e-bike so it can cope with the 16-40 cassette and 14-38 freewheel I use.

O don't think Campagnolo shifting gear is more crippled than Shimano road bike shifting gear. It works well, is reliable and durable but more expensive. But if your aim is maximal flexibility towards lower gears it is not the best option like Shimano DA is also not the best option.

Lou