View Single Post
Old May 21st 19, 05:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default High ratio climbing gears

On Tuesday, May 21, 2019 at 12:00:59 AM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
It has taken me decades of doing bike service, commercially and as a hobby, to become completely convinced that Campagnolo shifting gear is crippled junk. They've been playing catch-up with Shimano since SIS appeared, but they haven't caught up yet.

You can use a Wolf Tooth RoadLink as a prosthesis to make Campy junk slightly less crippled. I put one on my e-bike so it can cope with the 16-40 cassette and 14-38 freewheel I use.

I would agree with you but for the problem that Shimano simply stops working and Campy doesn't. I have had two sets of DuraAce and right not a newish 6700 Ultegra simply stop working correctly. You have to snap the right inner lever back and forth a couple of times before it will shift down. The DuraAce simply stopped working altogether. Another actually jammed a small lever all the way over and it had to be pushed over to get back home.

So while Shimano is working it works better than Campy which isn't adjusted perfectly, but they fail so often I don't like them. What is strange is that the Deore stuff is totally reliable.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home