Old July 3rd 06, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default cleaning camelbak

gareth price wrote:
I've got a 3litre camelbak and forgot to clean it!! I've now got black
marks inside. I've done washing with hot soapy water and then milton
overnight inside the bag but the marks are still there. Any suggestions?
I've heard using denture tablets is a good one or are the camelbak cleaning
tablets any good?

Thanks

Gareth

To clean the tube, remove it from the bladder by softening slightly in
hot water. Then obtain a piece of electrical cable that is about twice
the length of the tube. I find a length of 16/0.2 is thin enough and
strong enough. Next get a small piece of cotton cloth and knot the wire
around it in the middle of the wires length. Feed the wire into the tube
and so that it protrudes from the other end of the tube, this can be
helped by lubricating the inside of the tube with washing up liquid. You
can now pull the cloth from one end of the tube and back again until it
is nice and clean.

Simple and cost free.