Old June 10th 04, 10:11 PM
Jim West

Default Why they hate us, was ( funny things to do on a bike)

In article , Mark Hickey wrote:
Jim West wrote:

In article , Mark Hickey wrote:

And you're grasping at straws, and trying to change the subject. The
administration has never linked 9/11 and Iraq, and never used that as
an "excuse for war", contrary to your contention.

Please read this letter that Bush sent to Congress:

http://usinfo.state.gov/topical/pol/terror/03031906.htm

Any comments?

"Consistent with". Nuff said, IMHO.

I thought it would be. The rest of us might wonder why he felt compelled
to mention 9/11 at all if it was not being used as an excuse for war.

In fact, one might wonder why he needed to write a letter to Congress
at all at that time. A cynical person might speculate that maybe certain
members of Congress were begining to realize that the evidence that
Iraq was an immediate threat to the US was extremely weak, and they
needed a reminder that the conventional wisdom at that time was that
failing to support an invasion would be political suicide since the
majority of US citizens still thought that Iraq was directly involved
in 9/11. I'm sure glad I'm not cyncial enough for that to have occurred
to me, though.