Old February 9th 08, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

Default Attitude of fellow cyclists

In article , wrote:
than =A399 and a summer road bike well over a grand. Now in summer on my
expensive bike, good lycra every fellow road cyclist waves, on my MTB
not many on road bikes wave, on my shopper very few wave.

If I ride the full 16 miles into work I often exchange nods with the
few cyclists I see on the country roads, but not with the hundreds I
see in town. If I'm only riding from the Park and Ride I use a different
bike (cheap folder), and don't bother with cycling specific clothing,
but if I'm riding the whole way I use the same bike and clothes the
whole way, and don't get any more nods or waves.
Do you ride your shopper shorter distances in more crowded places
than your road bike?