Old February 10th 08, 04:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

Default Attitude of fellow cyclists

On Feb 9, 6:54 pm, Paul Boyd wrote:

People just acknowledge other like-minded people. On my commuter run,
the regular people all acknowledge each other in some form, regardless
of the bike. I've never yet known an MTBer not to acknowledge another,
but roadies don't acknowledge anyone. I was mightily p'ed off last year
by a group of roadies coming the other way when I was on my MTB (on the
road!), when not one of them so much as looked my way in response to my
cheery "Morning!". Miserable buggers!

I've heard this before but I have the opposite experience. Once out of
town I acknowledge every cyclist I come across. Roadies nearly always
nod or wave back, MTB or hybrid riders very seldom.

--
Dave...