Old January 25th 09, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

JNugent wrote:
Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Tony Dragon :

Guy says your daughter's injury is ignorable. As far as he's
concerned, she doesn't matter.
Let that be an end of it.

Oh look, an other lie. What I said was that injuries to pedestrians
caused by cyclists are, at a public policy level, ignorable.

Since these discussions are precisely *about* public policy (and about
views as to what that public policy should be), the quote above (which,
incidentally, was of my coinage) is identical to what you say.

Critics of footway cyclists are asking for a public policy of robust
enforcement of the law against cycling along the public footway.

Or indeed the laws about any vehicle traveling on the public footway.

You are saying (in effect, and I'm sorry if you don't like the perceived
effect of whay you say) that it doesn't matter.

Which is true,

There you go.

Horse's mouth and all that.

and is why no government has seen any need to do anything
about it. Want that changed? Write to your MP. I'd start by
lobbying to reduce road danger, so that cyclists did not feel
compelled to ride where they should not.

Why bother?

Why not just "start" by arresting footway cyclists, fining them
(heavily) and crushing their bikes?

That'd do the trick, sharpish.

Sounds good to me.

--