Old April 10th 17, 03:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Talk among yourselves

There were three firsts on this ride;

My first time to take three bottles. This wasn't so much spring as
that I wanted two bottles of tea.

I also learned, by the way, that cold-brewed tea doesn't shrink in the
brewing -- I put one bottle of water in, and got one bottle of tea
out; no room for orange juice. But the hot-brewed tea evaporated more
than usual, so I poured cold-brewed tea into it until both accepted a
reasonable amount orange juice. Gave each bottle a squirt of honey,
too.

My first time to go out without wearing sweat pants over my tights.
(When I put my Spalding tights on over my old wool tights, my legs got
*colder*!)

And when I got to Owens, all my parking spaces were full of flowers.

I stopped at Open Air Nursery and Greenhouses; they were in the middle
of cleaning up for an expected influx of customers. The seed
potatoes, onion sets, and onion plants were on sale, but the herbs
hadn't been planted yet. Well I didn't see the onion plants; just a
sign saying how much a bunch of plants cost. Since I never use plants
-- and I planted the potatoes in March and the last of my onion sets
on the first of April -- I didn't look very hard, just noticed that
many of the onion sets had begun to sprout.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net