Old August 31st 03, 08:20 PM
Memphis Mud

Default Unicycle in Bicycling Magazine ad

cjd wrote:
*I agree with Carol that we need to see the glass as half full here.
Nalgene is a maker of serious outdoor gear, and the text makes it
sound like the guy is an athlete undertaking a challenging ride.

The image is weak, but they may not have had many to choose from. *

That's just it. Ad agencies set up the exact picture they want and shoot
it. That's what art direction is. They set up this shot. Camera angle,
tree, hat.

I guess its something about the ad agency industry and my favorite hobby
of late...and the picture doesn't fit the copy...

it just got under my skin. Its the hat. Lose that hat and the ad works.
That hat is the cliche. Its the stereotype. It belongs in a parade or
the circus. Heck, we do parades...I'd cheerfully where that hat in a
parade. Not on a sports outing. He should be wearing a helmet.

Gotta go. I'm thirsty.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987