Old February 24th 20, 09:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Durability tests on the 13 most popular 11-speed chains

On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 8:22:14 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, February 24, 2020 at 10:35:16 AM UTC-8, Mark Cleary wrote:
I get 5-6k on a Shimano 11 speed and since I run Shimano the all Shimano drivetrain shifts the best. Cheap and work really why buy any other. I do like wipperman connex they got the quick link figured out the best.

Deacon mark cleary

I agree pretty much with you but don't think that any other 11 speed chain isn't equally interchangeable and that all of them have the lift section of the links properly accomplished.

Half of my fleet is Campagnolo equipped and the other half Shimano. All 11 speed. I see no difference in shifting performance using a Shimano chain on the Campagnolo equipped bikes or vice versa. There is a price difference and a durability difference. A campagnolo Record chain last two times longer than a Ultegra chain but the Ultegra chain is half the price of a Record chain. Record chains are never on sale Ultegra chains regularly. I tried a KMC chain because it came pre lubed with my favorite wax lube. This saved me the initial cleaning of the factory lube of the new chain. I was really disappointed about the durability of this chain. Won't use them anymore. Will stick to Ultegra and/or Campagnolo Record chains.

Lou