Old September 6th 08, 09:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Default BikeE?

DougC wrote:
Chalo wrote:
It is reliable in that you know with absolute certainty that you are
completely hosed if your hands leave the grips for a fraction of a
second. That much I know from trying to make a BikeE CT my around-
town transportation during my first stay in Seattle.

Chalo

I'd agree that most recumbents have poor steering that is impractical to
ride no-handed--but then again--with no hand pressure to cause hand
numbness, there's not a lot of reason to ride no-handed either.

Cruzbike works with no hands. Even take off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrgZCXedK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiOVIVIGBVA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17maWic4tA
The last one shows turning in circles with no hands.

But as all bike designs, cruzbike makes some other tradeoffs
to their design. Just like BikeE did. You cant get everything.