Old February 3rd 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_2_]

Default Training for a hilly race

Scott wrote:

I've tried the so-called 'strength endurance' intervals before and
know that they work for me. Don't know how/why, but don't care,
either. Also, I've read numerous articles by reasonably talented guys
(Danny Pate, Colby Pearce, etc) who swear by these workouts during
certain periods of their training. They, too, don't know why they
work, but they do them nonetheless.

I don't think anyone says "they don't work." The question is, do they work
better than, the same as, or worse than other ways you could be spending
your time.