Old February 3rd 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Training for a hilly race

On Feb 2, 1:44*pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
LawBoy01 wrote:
When I am doing hill repeats, I sometimes force myself to sit and
grind up the climb with no less than 60 rpm while keeping up witht
folks using smaller gears. *I just think that I am killing myself
without benefit sometimes. *I suspect that your advice is correct.

John Phillip Lawboy:

Use the gears you're going to use. Cadence is a red herring. Focus on power.

Dumbass -

I don't agree with the gear thing.

No matter how hard you try in training, you'll find yourself doing
stuff in races that you could never do in training.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.