Old April 8th 05, 04:32 PM

Tlacatecatl wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:23:15 -0700, routebeer wrote
(in article . com):

But doesn't setting your clocks forward one hour in the spring

actually
extend the morning? Meaning, when you get up at five to go ride,

you
can actually get up at six and ride the same or continue to get up

at
five and ride an hour more. If that's why you don't obey the time
change then I think that's a poor reason.

Talking about daylight savings time

Since "Boat Boy the Spelling Nazi" isn't going to show up, can I point
out that it is Daylight Saving time. There is no "s" at the end of
saving.

usually ends up sounding like something
out of an old Firesign Theater or Monty Python routine.

Or Worse ...

Actually you have it backwards. Changing to daylight savings time

shortens
the morning but extends the evening. Here in AZ

All of Arizona? Having grown up on the rim, I would like to point out
that a good portion of Arizona does observe daylight saving time.

snip

During the summer here it starts getting light about 4:30 in the

morning, but
it's getting dark by 7:30 at night. Many construction workers and

others who
work outside start at 5 am and get off at 2 in the afternoon. That

way
they're already off work when the hottest part of the day comes

between 3 and
5.

Southerners ... Our trails are still under snow.

http://134.114.127.22/jpg/fullsize.jpg

snip

It's as though every one else in the country takes one step forward

while we
stand still, so it ends up looking like we took one step backward.

Remember
that except for Alaska and Hawaii we were the last state to join the

union,
so things really are kind of backwards here. You can really see that

when you
walk down the street and see all the people wearing guns in holsters.

We're
an open carry state, no permit required!

That extra 37 days before statehood is what put Arizona so far behind
New Mexico.

snip