Old February 4th 07, 01:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

Default Octalink BB: Dura-Ace 7700 or Ultegra 6500

On Feb 3, 1:41 pm, RS wrote:
I acquired an octalink Ritchey Compact crank I'm going to install on an
older Cannondale. I have both a DA-7700 BB and an Ultegra-6500 BB.
DA s about 65 grams lighter but I just cruise. The DA-7700 isn't sealed
as nicely as the Ultegra. Has anyone found the DA-7700 needs more
maintenance and period cleaning and regreasing? Or any other thoughts
on this. Thanks Rick

W/o doubt, The DA BB was poorly sealed, draggy, very diffucult to
adjust. Upgrading to the 6500 is best.