Old September 28th 19, 05:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Replace Mavic MA40 Rim with... ?

On 28/09/2019 13.51, wrote:
Thank you for the further input, jbeattie, John, David, AMuzi and
Tosspot. I squeezed the sides of the braking surface, and the rim
seems solid.

I was going to buy a whole new pre-built wheel, but then, after a
long day of other activities and needing some athleticism and beauty,
decided to take one last ride on my Vitus. Both tire pressures felt a
bit low, so I pumped them up to my usual 110 psi. The noise went
away!

My tires are Schwalbe Marathon Plus. (Where I am in the Southwest,
there are goatheads galore. I have not had a flat since installing
the tires a couple of years ago.) I am wondering if the tires had
something to do with the noise.

I ride M+s and never had a noise problem. They are a hard compound, and
mine will squeal on hard conering on the part of the tyre not normally
used, but apart from that. And yes, puncture proof, if bloody heavy,
but thems the choices you make :-0