Old July 14th 19, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

Default Bicycling specific clothing = why not?

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 23:13:07 +0000, Duane wrote:

John B. wrote:

I read somewhere that some 450 USians die annually from falling out of
bed. It is apparent that "bed Helmets" or at least safety belts should
be required.

Why don't our leaders do something to stop this carnage!
--
cheers,

John B.

How many times will you post that? I’m tired of explaining to you about
universe of discourse. What percentage of those sleeping in beds die
from falling out of bed?

Let me give you a hint. 300 or so million Americans sleep in beds. 450
die falling out of them. The math is not complicated.

Do you have any age factor for this figure?
Based on recent personally known "injuries from falling out of bed" both
were very elderly people and the real danger was the long time until they
were discvered/found and given care.

700 or so die cycling. How many cycle? See where I’m going with this?
I guess not..l

Yes, often the figure do not have any depth of information to arrive a
woth while responses. E.g. in this country, wearing a helmet can increase
chances of death from heat stroke in certain places and times.