Old August 24th 09, 10:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
Keitht

Default Are we cyclists the only true Christians and any other Jesusin only a Conspiracy?

ComandanteBanana wrote:
Jesus and bikes... what an obvious mix.

If Jesus wanted to come to suffer again, he'd come as a cyclist. So
the only true Christians are the cyclists!

Any other Jesus is the product of a conspiracy...

"Nobody is saying Christ was a fraud, or denying that He walked the
earth and inspired millions to better lives. All we are saying is that
Constantine took advantage of Christ's substantial influence and
importance. And in doing so, he shaped the face of Christianity as we
know it today."1

http://www.y-jesus.com/monalisa.php

(That's it, no more preaching for today. Now go and hit the road to
spread the good news)

Seeing as recent research shows it likely that the face of the Mona Lisa
could be that of the man who painted it I doubt very much that divine
intervention had anything to do with it at all.

I ran over a slug today and the squashed beasies remains looked justlike
the face of JC -- not that there is any image of JC anywhere other than
the usual white bloke that has proved to be very handy to uphold the
idea that blacks are a sub-set of humanity as JC was a total pasty face.

To see the face of a visually unrecorded prophet in/on an object and
declare that that object is now, somehow, sacred is grasping at straws.
But I guess the cult of celebrity started quite some time back.

Christ on a Bike*!!
If there was and if he came back do you think he'd be pleased with all
these so called followers who celebrate his death by wearing ikkle
crosses? The first thing he'd do is get his dad to eradicate all the
moneymen that call themselves 'ministers' as they only minister to thier
own families bank balance and not tend the flock but thier own cock.

*had to be a bike reference somewhere
--

Come to Dave & Boris - your cycle security experts.