Old August 12th 11, 06:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 11, 8:05*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 10, 11:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

I am assuming it is none of my business to bother with what doctors know
or
don't know. That is their business. If I had wanted to be a doctor, I
would
have. Frankly, the bodies of all animals (including my own) disgust me. I
am
thankful that I had the good sense to stay the hell away from medicine.
It is you business to know some of what doctors know so that you and

your doctor can communicate unless you have no concern about you
health and well being.

If we both speak English, we will communicate well enough.

Are you so dumb as to have missed my point It take more than a common
language to communicate. Both parties must have a reasonable grasp of
the subject matter in order for productive communication to be
feasible.

Nope, it [the VA] was an earned benefit that was made by mutual agreement
at the time
of my enlistment. Duration of service has nothing to do with it.
This is not about your "terms of employment".. *The time you were in

the service paying into the system was not commensurate with the
benefits you derived. *Consequently the VA health care system may seen
inexpensive, but is is a taxpayer burden. *Then again much can be said
of medicare. *They are both underfunded health care systems.

But it was commensurate with the terms of our agreement and in fact with my
service. My enlistment was like a contract between two parties. After my
death, it will have been paid in full whether I use the VA or not. The VA
health care system is fully funded by the American citizen who enjoys
freedom by virtue of that service.

You missed the point. You will have gotten word out than you put in
in terms of money and the deficit has to be made up by someone.

With respect to Medicare, it is an interesting question depending on what
one expects from one's society. If it is seen as a right of citizenship,
then it can be fully funded with justification by taxes just like the
military services. I guess that is what liberals and conservatives will be
arguing about until the end of time.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka