Old August 30th 11, 09:35 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 4:59*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Aug 11, 7:46 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

It is an allusion to think that tyo can improve on what the doctor
prescribes. Before you know it, you will be consulting with witch doctors
and snake oil salesmen.
It is an illusion to think that a doctor knows all that there is to

know about everything. *One of my doctors has said that he has learned
much from his patients. *The point being made was that information is
there that you have not and are not wiling to avail yourself of
available information. *Anything that you can earn that can be applied
in a complimentary and holistic approach to healing is a good
thing.

You are embarked on wild goose chase which will do nothing to enhance your
long term prospects.
[...]

Your opinion has been noted for what it is ... fallacious. I will let
you in on a few things that if you weren't such a lazy ass, you'd be
able to learn for yourself. It is now generally accepted that 30-90%
of all cancer is diet related. There is a strong association of high
intake of Omega-6 fats and the occurrence of prostate cancer and the
degree of its aggressiveness. The fact is that nutrition plays a
major role in the sensitivity and likelihood of developing cancer.
The health of our DNA is nutrient dependent, as is our ability to
repair DNA damage. Cancer begins with mutated faulty genes. Free
radicals damage DNA, which when not repaired, is passed on through
replication. A shortage of antioxidants inhibit the DNA repair
process. Many cells have special cancer growth genes called
protooncogenes which if turned on from the unrepaired DNA causes
normal cells to be transformed into cancer cells that replicate
uncontrollably. What wakes up (read turns on) these genes and
precipitates cancer are viruses, chemicals, infections, radiation,
foreign bodies, and nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiency of
folate. Exposure to these causative factors result in the formation
of free radicals and chronic inflammation leading to cancer. Once
cancer cells are established they have an enormous appetite for
sugar,, iron and glutamate. A seaweed extract foo additive commonly
found in baked goods and ice cream, (CARRAGEENEN) promotes the
aggressive growth and spread of cancer by stimulating the COX-2
enzyme. I could go on and on here, but it should be obvious that I
know far more more about the biology of the disease than does Ed
Dolan, not that that in any way hinders him from running his mouth and
offering errant opinion stated as though fact.

Even if what you say is true, what good does it do me now after a lifetime
of eating dairy and red meat? Is the medical establishment now warning men
not to eat dairy and red meat? If so, I haven't seen or heard it.
In a word ... YES. *It is not what I say, but what medical researchers

and doctors now say. *As I have said all along, you haven't heard
because you haven't taken the time or made the effort required to hear
the message. *It is never too late to take some corrective measures to
improve one's health and well being.

Nope, I haven't heard or seen anything advising men not to eat dairy or red
meat. This would be headline news if it were true. In fact, it would be on a
par with the campaign against tobacco.

You haven't heard because you have chosen not to hear. The campaign
against tobacco also was repressed and got off to a slow start after
the evidence was in and the truth were known. Much of this has to do
with deep pocket lobbying interest since a lot of money is at stake.
Regardless, the information is there for those who care to educate
themselves, but you are not among those that choose to be
enlightened. No surprise there.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka