Old September 1st 11, 10:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
Edward Dolan

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Aug 12, 5:12 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This is all hocus-pocus nonsense. The FDA is the expert on food safety,
not
crackpot "scientific researchers".

Says the crackpot know-it-all who expounds without hesitation about

subjects for which his knowledge is he is woefully deficient.

One distinct difference between Ed and myself is that I present what

Ed abhors ... FACTS, whereas Ed is admittedly all about opinion ...
namely, HIS. Not being in possession of the facts has never curtailed
Ed from running his mouth even when it is obvious to most that Ed
knows little or nothing of that about which he is speaking.

Your facts are not really facts, they are just another set of opinions
camouflaged as facts.

Ed Dolan has publicly gone on record to state that our food is safe

and the FDA ensures that it is. Ed's assertion is not supported by
the facts. As is customarily the case, Ed has chosen to run his mouth
without knowing what he's talking about. Ed, hasn't bothered to do the
research before spewing errant opinions as though they were facts.
Lets just take a cursory look at the safety of our food.

No, let's not! It is a waste of time and effort.

Only cranks concern themselves with food safety, unless you are being paid
to do it like the FDA.
[...]

The bottom line is that patients have been callously abandoned to die,

denied access to progress by their own FDA at a time when they needed
it most, when their life was on the line. AND ... this is the very
same FDA that Ed Dolan reveres!!! Then again, most of us have come to
learn that head swollen Ed Dolan will never be accused of being
athinking, rational man.

The bottom line is that people become diseased and die every day from cancer
and other conditions as a result of having lived. Anyone who makes it to age
70 or so has been doing an awful lot of things right. If everyone were dying
of diseased conditions in their 30's and 40's, then I would consider looking
into what might be causing it, but that is clearly not the case.

I have never seen anyone in their 80's who was not frail. That is due to a
biological clock which is ticking away in all of us from the moment of our
birth. Diet only effects our health on the margins. The FACT is that our
food in the US is by and large safe. If it weren't, no one would make it to
age 70 or above.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka