Old September 5th 11, 11:56 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Default Insight into the phases of the Internet forum life cycle: a perspective

On Sep 5, 2:33*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message

On Sep 2, 3:47 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

There is some value in comparing the diets of various peoples around the
world with their rates of cancer. But as is well known, comparisons are
extremely difficult for a variety of reasons, the main one being too many
variables involved.
Such studies have been done, but your unwillingness to devote time or

energy to research the matter precludes you from being aware of that.

Such studies are all over the map. There is no consistency among them. You
merely pick the ones that appeal to your prejudices.

AND you would know how pray tell since you by your own admission you
have gone on record to sate that you cant; be bothered doing the
research?

Maybe we should be studying those people who never get cancer and trying
find out why that is?
That has been done too (see my comment above in this regard), and

generally resistance to cancer has been determined to be largely
genetically linked. *If you expect to be taken seriously and listened
to, I'd suggest you first learn before opening talking crap.

Same problem - no consistency because of way too many variables.

See my comment above. The obvious difference in this exchang is that
I have presented fact and you have responded with conjecture.

What you think you know is a mere pittance compared to what the true
experts
know. What are your credentials other than reading a lot of unrelated
health
and medical literature on your own?
My doctors have a much higher opinion of my knowledge in this regard

than you do and needless to say I value their opinion more that
yours. *Whereas, what I know is arguably less than what experts in the
field know, it is also a given that what you know is a mere pittance
in comparison to what I know, so why don't you give it a rest until
you get up to speed?

You have no idea what your doctors really think of your state of knowledge.

An you base you errant opinion stated as fat on one may I ask? But I
do. As I previously state, my urologist has said that he has
conversations with me that he has with none of his other patients.
Why? because I am more informed than his other patients. That's why!
In my medical records, my urologist stated ..."very informed patient
who has done his homework". My radiological oncologist state ... "you
can stop doing your research. You already know more than my
residents. I'd say those are definite indications as to what my
doctors think of my state of knowledge.

Also, most doctors think they know more than they do. The real experts will
tell you that we do not know what causes most cancers.

You have never stated who you consider these "real exoperts" to be ...
research scientists, perhaps? Regardless, evidence continues to
accumulate. Although there is still more to be learned, many of the
cause of cancer have been identified and you' know that if you would
take the time to become informed, but you are too busy stating stating
opinions based on conjecture rather than fats.

If you had studied the social sciences more in college instead of
worthless
subjects like philosophy and religion at Loyola, you would know that we
are
indeed slaves of our culture.
You have no idea what I studied and social sciences were among them.

It is obvious that you didn't benefit from your education which came
to a screeching halt with the receipt of a diploma ... sad that.

I know you went to Loyola because you told me so.

I am not in dispute of where I attended but rather in what ellectives
comprised the subject matter I chose to become acquainted with.

All Catholic colleges
require that you waste inordinate amounts of time on *courses like religion
and philosophy, which is why I never went to a Catholic college. Catholic
colleges are good at preparing students for law and medical schools, but
terrible at any of the liberal arts. Reason? Too much religion.

Opinion stated as fact. Catholic colleges and universities are by an
large liberal arts oriented. Loyola certainly is.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka