Old July 24th 04, 02:57 AM
gcdoss

Default Senior Olympics

Trailgalore wrote:

"gcdoss" wrote in message

Hi All,
I entered the local senior Olympics and did my first training ride this
morning. I ran out of steam after 3 miles as I was pushing it pretty
hard.I'm entered in the 10K race on Aug. 7, so need to energize quick.
Problem is: I've been on a low carb diet for the last 14 months. I lost
70 lbs during the first 10 months and am just trying to hold the weight
I have now.
I have been eating about 85 carb grams a day but today proved I was
doing something wrong.
Do some of you that do a little racing have any advice on what can
energize a 70 year old guy for about 30 minutes? I don't want to start
gaining weight again so a real high carb diet is out of the question. I
did try an energy candy bar but got no help.
I am in fair shape as I ride my Tour Easy about 150 miles a week and do
another 30 or so on a mtn bike.

Are you allowed to race your Tour Easy? Bikes used in the Senior Olympics
are supposed to conform to USAC specs.

It may be that the lady who signed me up wasn't up on recumbents being
allowed or not. She told me they were but I was the only one entered. I
may get to the race site and be bumped by a real official.
Guess I will try to contact an official before race day to make sure I
can race the Tour Easy.