Old August 20th 03, 11:49 PM
Bruce Gilbert

Default When is the best time to teach a child to ride a two wheeler

"Martha J. Retallick" wrote in message
True confession: I didn't master riding a two-wheeler until I was 10
years old. And my folks started teaching me to ride when I was in
second grade.

But I grew up to become a bicycling addict g.

Martha Retallick

My daughter didn't ride a real bike until she was nearly ten also.

By 11 she got her first road bike, took to the sport and competed at a high
level until she was 18. Then her friends, parties and other indulgences got
the best of her. The cycling took a back seat to things that make your eyes
red in the morning. At 19 1/2 she is starting to ride again. Just can't
believe how much fitness she lost. Somehow, I think it is going to come
back...

Hopeful Parent