Old December 11th 04, 11:49 AM
Roger F

I'm hoping that Santa is going to bring me a child seat this year,

but
I need to make sure that I put the right one on my Christmas list.

I was going to go for the Rhodes Co-Pilot but my local bike shop
recommended the Hamax Sleepy on the grounds that it's cheaper, just

as
good and you don't need a special rack for it (which makes using
panniers & using the seat on other bikes easier).

Has anyone got one of these Hamax seats & are they any good? The

only
people I know who've got child seats have got the Rhodes so I was
wondering if the Hamax has any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Michael

We have used two Rhodes on our bikes and we have carried our two
little'uns all over the place. Most of the time they fall asleep so I
liked the fact that they were held in well. Also, if you fall off the
child is well protected all round. I did come off once with my son in
the seat and he suffered no ill effects whatsoever. I liked the quick
slid-on slide off of the Rhodes too. I have not seen the Hamax but can
recommend the Rhodes.